Re: Test version of the Parking Area

>  Date: 2005-07-14 03:30
>  From: Brian E Carpenter <brc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

> What's the Parking Area? It's the list of all drafts that have been
> approved by the IESG but are not yet published as RFCs.
>
> You can find the test version at
>
> http://rtg.ietf.org:8080/Test/parking
[...]
>  Date: 2005-07-15 10:12
>  From: Bill Fenner <fenner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

> >Yes.  And what's the idea ?
>
> It's the IETF's statement about having approved the documents, as opposed
> to the RFC Editor's statement about having the documents in the queue.

Yes, but what's the intended use?

I'd like to see the date of the status changes; e.g. I see
several listed in AUTH48 that are dated 2003.  But I cannot tell
from the "Parking Area" or from the I-D tracker or from the
RFC-Editor Queue web page how long those documents have been sitting
in AUTH48.

There have been comments that it takes a long time for some
documents to work their way through the RFC-Editor queue, and
that is certainly true.

If the intended use of the data includes either a proposal to
change process or finger-pointing, we don't have enough information.

It would be nice to have something analogous to the I-D tracker
for the RFC-Editor process, recording process state transitions
and their dates.