Re: Port numbers and IPv6

On 04:16 16/07/2005, Steven M. Bellovin said:
In message <42D84379.6050600@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Masataka Ohta writes:
>Steven M. Bellovin wrote:
>
>> Circa 1974, in a computer architecture class, I heard Fred Brooks point
>> out that *every* successful computer design eventually ran out of address
>> space.  The same applies to network protocols.
>
>An interesting theory.
>
>It explains why IPv6 can't be successful.

Nice line.  I don't agree with either your conclusion or your
sentiments, but it is definitely a nice line.

Has work been carried on IPv6 Interface ID Grids to give a quasi illimited number of pre-defined/agreed connection points/ports? (my interest is more "plug and play" and access engine oriented than IPv6 behind NAT or ... IPv8).
jfc