Re: RFC 2434 term "IESG approval" (Re: IANA Action: Assignment of an IPV6 Hop-by-hop Option)

Harald,

The presence of the "X-" option, and the fact that it can be
used among consenting parties without loss of function, puts
both of the cases you mention into the area of "refusal means a
different choice of category" not "refusal encourages the
behavior to occur without proper identification".   See the I-D
when it is posted.

    john

--On Tuesday, 28 June, 2005 14:37 +0200 Harald Tveit Alvestrand