Re: IANA Action: Assignment of an IPV6 Hop-by-hop Option

On Sat, Jun 25, 2005 12:30:44PM -0700, Dr. Lawrence G. Roberts allegedly wrote:
> Steve,
> Thank you for your thoughts. I am not sure about the next step, but I can
> clarify some of the points that were unclear.
> British Telecom submitted it to the ITU SG12 in January and we had
> unanimous approval to be included as a concept for QoS in Y-1221. Then BT
> submitted it to SG13 as a detailed proposal of a signaling protocol and it
> again had unanimous approval to go forward as the basis of a recommendation.

Larry please be straightforward.  Just because people allowed work to
go forward in each case does not mean there was unanimous approval.
In SG12 the proposed text was objected to and sent back.  There was
approval to include the "concept" as you say, but only if the text is
improved.  In SG13 there was considerable debate, and at the end the
group *allowed* exploration of the topic through development through a
new draft recommendation.