Re: put http://tools.ietf.org/ on the IETF website

on 2005-06-15 22:31 Bruce Lilly said the following:
>>  Date: 2005-06-15 15:06
>>  From: wayne <wayne@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>
>> In <200506151239.19175.blilly@xxxxxxxxx> Bruce Lilly <blilly@xxxxxxxxx> writes:
>
>> > Note that "tools.ietf.org" is:
>> >
>> > [dns info about tools.ietf.org deleted]
>>
>> I'm sorry, but I don't understand what you are trying to point out
>> with this info.  It is probably obvious, but not to me.  Could you
>> please elaborate?
>
> 81.224.201.50 is known variously as:
>   tools.ietf.org
>   levkowetz.com
>   ietf.levkowetz.com
>   shiraz.levkowetz.com
>   www.levkowetz.com
> possibly others.
>
> If you look for a link based on one name, bit the links are really
> via another equivalent name, you'll miss them.

Except that you really have to access http://tools.ietf.org in particular
to get the wg pages of interest here.  ietf.levkowetz.com serves different
content, as does the synonyms {www|shiraz|}.levkowetz.com .

Additionally, the tools.ietf.org domain will be served by another server
too, for redundancy purposes, within a week or so.

	Henrik