Re: Last Call: 'Email Submission Between Independent Networks' to BCP

Jeff,

>  Indeed.  The answer to my concern appears to lie in the subtle but
>  significant semantic distinction between Relaying and Aliasing, which I

I went through quite a number of iterations about aliasing in the email-arch
document, based on lots of feedback.  It does, indeed, seem to be a challenging
function to place into an architecture.

>  didn't understand before reading your architecture document.  Having done
>  so, I can withdraw my comment on the "resolves to" phrasing, and replace it
>  with a different one:
>
>  Maybe the spamops document needs a reference to the email-arch document?

I'm going to suggest that to the other authors.  In fact, the architecture
discussion in the spamops document was the motivation (actually the basis text)
for the email-arch document.  After we did the spamops early drafts, I decided
that the community needed something specifically about email architecture.  I
thought it would be straightforward to write.  That was roughly a year and 3
major iterations ago...

  d/
  ---
  Dave Crocker