Re: Uneccesary slowness.

Ned,

I therefore have to question whether we are talking about the actual factors
that are _currently_ creating delays.

There is a long tail in the delay distribution that worries me. As an indicator of this tail, there are 34 open DISCUSSes created by former ADs. (er, 3 created by you...).

You make an important point - a common error in organizational change
is to measure its effect too soon, and therefore conclude that it
hasn't worked. Today's long tail is probably a result of the way the
process was operating sometime in 2004 or earlier.

But I get a message that the IESG needs to analyze this long tail some more.

   Brian