RE: Uneccesary slowness.

[snip]

> Second, in the apps area at least, we have in fact seen a
> dramatic reduction
> of the number of WGs. I just checked, and when I left the IESG there
> were 25 apps area groups. This number is now down to 14. And
> while there
> are obviously lots of other factors, close to a factor of 2
> reduction in the
> number of groups should have had some effect. Have you noticed any?

Ted and I have spent a lot of timing trying to assist working groups
that have been close to completing their work but have been unable to
finish for one reason or another.  We've had some success in getting
work completed, but the amount of time we've spent doing clean-up work
has meant that we haven't been able to devote much time to strategic
thinking.  We're hoping that one impact of the reduction will be that
we'll have more time to start looking forward.

-Scott-