RE: Voting (again)

> >     Joe> delegation) or make their work smaller (by encouraging
> >     Joe> feedback to be directional - as in 'take to WG X' - rather
> >     Joe> than technical review).
> >
> > Sam:
> > I'll certainly remember this when reviewing documents you author;)
> >
> > Seriously, I think most people would be really annoyed if I
> > wrote up a discuss of the form "this sucks for foo reason;
> > please coordinate with bar wg until they are happy then I'll
> > clear."  They would be even more unhappy if I wrote up the more
> > realistic "please take this to bar wg and when they are happy
> > I'll re review."
>
> Actually, I would consider a diplomatically-worded version of
> the former very useful. The latter is the problem - it lacks
> the reason the WG is being added as a hurdle.
>
> IMO, anytime a doc is held-up via Discuss, the reason for the
> discuss and the criteria under which it can be cleared should
> both be required.

I fully agree with Joe, that kind of direct and concrete feedback
would at least make me much happier than what we have today, when
I have to find out myself whether there were any discuss comments,
who made them, hopefully to some degree understand what the issues
were about, and make qualified guesses on what I (as chair or
author) am expected to do to address them.

/L-E