RE: Last Call: 'Requirements for IETF Draft Submission Toolset' to Informational RFC

On Fri, 2005-04-08 at 09:27, Elwyn davies wrote:
> Xml2rfc has a mechanism for adding comments which is a little bit more
> trouble than M$Word's but works in very similar ways.
>
> You are right that revision marking is not so easy but the various diff
> tools help.  Maybe we ought to ask for some way to do this before the
> xml2rfc improvement window closes!

that's something I prefer to see outside the document rather than inside
it.

my biggest gripe is the fact that (as of the last time I looked) the
draft version is taken from the input filename rather than text internal
to the file, which makes putting this stuff under source control in a
meaningful way really annoying as most of the lightweight SCM tools like
CVS, RCS, and SCCS don't cope well with renames.

						- Bill