Re: Unhosted IETF meetings

On Mar 21 2005, at 17:53 Uhr, Baker Fred wrote:

worries about pick-pockets, the number of airports one has to go through to get to them, likelihood of being able to get a meal on schedule (which is a question of customs - many places in Europe a restaurant assumes that you don't enter the restaurant to eat and leave, but to enjoy the evening with your associates in the context of a meal, but which can often mean that evening meetings are difficult and even having two meetings in an afternoon can be difficult)

Don't forget North-Korean invasions imminent every minute now *).

(I've been to Paris recently, my wallet was stolen because I was stupid, and a total stranger picked up the discarded wallet -- money taken, but all cards etc. intact, tracked down my university, managed to contact me while I was visiting the Louvre, and personally brought the remains of wallet to my hotel room, which was quite a way from her commute. I'm going to Paris again (and will be reasonably careful this time).)
(Did I mention that I do worry about the published cases of TSA thievery each time I'm going to the US...)

Gruesse, Carsten

*) You had to be there. It was a comment that was made at the plenary before Seoul.