Site selection [Re: reflections from the trenches of ietf62 wireless]

Jordi,

In my opinion we need a 200% open process to qualify if a sponsor and venue
are acceptable or not. I'm sure Brian will heard us on this ;-)

Since site selection involves contract negotiations, I doubt if the actual process can ever be even 100% open. But what can, and IMHO should be, open is the set of technical and logistical criteria involved in site selection. Then we have to trust the IAD (not the Chair, in future) to apply those criteria.

Writing the draft defining those criteria is distinct from
updating the draft on hosting requirements, I think, and needs
an editor.... Of course I would be suspicious if one of the
criteria stated "Must take place in the capital of Spain" :-)

   Brian