Re: IETF63 wireless

 On Sun, 13 Mar 2005 17:02:00 -0500, John C Klensin wrote:
>  But an IETF meeting is not the right place to
>  demonstrate or experiment with them: let's stay a bit behind the
>  bleeding edge of the technology and stick to things that work.

Exactly.  Just as any other serious operations activity does.

That we use "volunteers" is frankly misleading.  We use experienced professionals. If they do not get the support they need, it is not for lack of availability.  And, in this case, we used a familiar venue in which things have worked well in the past.

So, this is not about basic skills or basic venue problems or basic issues with the technology.

This is about a mindset and an organizational approach that does not leave those volunteers out on a limb with fragile equipment, or insufficient resources. It is about our approaching this as a utility service and ensuring that that is what is delivered.

Every time.

>  In case it isn't clear, I think Dave and I are in violent agreement.

yup.

  d/
  ---
  Dave Crocker