Lloyd-Jones's First Law of Organizations. Was: Internet-Draft cutoffs

From: Michael Richardson <mcr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
I wonder if it wouldn't just be simpler to have the WG chair
submit the -00 document themselves, as a placeholder for the actual
document. This can be done as soon as the WG believes that the should
exist.
That gets rid of the back-and-forth between chair, author and secretariat.

Michael,

I remind you of the First Law, which states that if an organization is more concerned about structure or procedure than about the actual work to be done, that organization is on its way to its doom.

Your message is clearly on the septic side of this Law.

(Please note that I am amused by the fact that in criticising your stupiid message in this way I am also engaging in a discussion of structure or procedure. My saving grace is that I am both amused and mildly ashamed.)

                               Best,

                                      -dlj.

Take charge with a pop-up guard built on patented Microsoft® SmartScreen Technology. http://join.msn.com/?pgmarket=en-ca&page=byoa/prem&xAPID=1994&DI=1034&SU=http://hotmail.com/enca&HL=Market_MSNIS_Taglines Start enjoying all the benefits of MSN® Premium right now and get the first two months FREE*.