Re: [dnsop] Re: Root Anycast (fwd)

On Thu, 30 Sep 2004, Jim Reid wrote:

>     Iljitsch> I think the ship has sailed a long time on whether this
>     Iljitsch> was going to happen at all. However, now would be a good
>     Iljitsch> time to start a discussion on how much anycasting is
>     Iljitsch> enough. It would be good to keep a reasonable number of
>     Iljitsch> root servers non-anycasted.
>
> The usual good sense and wise judgement of the root server operators
> will see that this happens anyway. I doubt if there's any group of
> people who are more sensitive to avoiding single points of failure.

Lack of "Good sense and wise judgement" is one of the principal problems
that got anycast deployed without adequate discussion.  Then we could talk
about incompatible and undiscussed AXFR modifications, childish personal
attacks, etc, etc, etc that also demonstrate bad judgement and bad sense.

		--Dean