Re: WG Review: Behavior Engineering for Hindrance Avoidance

jnc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Noel Chiappa)  wrote on 25.09.04 in <20040925124904.B055D86AE0@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> It's not at all clear to me that this was the wrong engineering choice on
> their part. If they didn't GC dead connections after some sort of timeout
> (and would it make any significant different whether it was 5 minutes, or 1
> hour)

Oh yes, it would make a BIG difference. 5 minutes idle in a ssh session is
probably more common by a factor of 100 or so than 1 hour idle. Not that
killing 1 hour idle connections is all that excusable, but at least it's a
*far* rarer problem.

MfG Kai