Re: IETF 62

Jamal,

I fly into and out of Ottawa on average once a week - living there. It is bloody awkward to travel from there, and very few locations are direct flights. Not to mention that crossing the border normally adds a couple of hundred dollars to the ticket price.

Getting to MN was two flights and one connection, the same as everywhere in the US for me.

I personally would avoid connecting through Chicago every time if I could. Almost always guaranteed to miss connections, be delayed, or lose luggage.

Alcatel does have a large presence in Ottawa, and that was one of the original reasons why we suggested it as a venue. It turns out that the only facility large enough to host a meeting here is the Ottawa Congress Center, which was unavailable for the meeting we wished to host.

We explored Vancouver and Montreal as other alternatives. Neither had availability at a venue large enough for the meeting.

Cheers,
Ben.