[Last-Call] Re: Last Call: <draft-wkumari-rfc8110-to-ieee-02.txt> (Transferring Opportunistic Wireless Encryption to the IEEE 802.11 Working Group) to Informational RFC

It appears that Peter Yee  <peter@xxxxxxxxxx> said:
>Tom,
>
>	IANAL, so I will not attempt to discern what rights are and are not granted in this scenario. I will point out that the authors of RFC 8110 are the authors of the I-D in
>question. And one of the authors is an active participant in IEEE 802.11's work and would have preferred that the text in RFC 8110 appeared directly in IEEE 802.11 from the
>get-go rather than as an IETF RFC. That would have been the cleanest origin story for OWE, but it didn't work out that way at the time for various reasons. That's a bit of
>history that I am sure none involved really want to revisit. As far as I know, everyone involved would like to see the transfer happen.

The grant of rights to the IETF in our documents is not exclusive. If
the authors also want to let the IEEE use their work, that is fine.

You don't need anyone's permission, you can just do it.

R's,
John