[Last-Call] Re: Secdir last call review of draft-ietf-httpbis-compression-dictionary-09

Quick follow-up...

As an example of where it makes deployment a little easier, for the case of static resources (like a _javascript_ bundle) where the deltas are generated at build time and stored as something like "example.js.<hash>.brd", The serving path for the resource doesn't need to calculate the hash of example.js when it is served and doesn't need to make sure the ID matches the specific payload. It can be configured to serve a static "Use-As-Dictionary: " response header with just a match path and the same header can work as new versions of the resource roll out.

At serving time, if there is an "Available-Dictionary" request header, the server can first check to see if "example.js.<hash>.brd" exists with a matching hash and serve it if there is one (and fall back to the full example.js if there isn't). By varying on the encoding and available-dictionary, any CDN's can cache the dictionary-specific response which minimizes the amount of dynamic logic that needs to run to serve dictionary-compressed deltas.