[Last-Call] Re: comments on Re: Last Call: <draft-ietf-dnsop-rfc7958bis-03.txt> (DNSSEC Trust Anchor Publication for the Root Zone) to Informational RFC

On 5 Aug 2024, at 15:43, Edward Lewis <eppdnsprotocols@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> 2.2. XML Semantics
>
>> The validFrom and validUntil attributes in the KeyDigest element
>> specify the range of times that the KeyDigest element can be used as
>> a trust anchor.
>
> UTC timezone ought to be explicitly mentioned.

Those attributes are specified as xsd:dateTime, which in turn is specified as a format that includes the UTC offset as an attribute (timezoneFrag).

So I think it's actually not necessary for dates and times to be reflected specified in the trust anchor document in UTC and it would be wrong to say that it is.

Joe