[Last-Call] Re: [Ext] Artart last call review of draft-ietf-dnsop-rfc7958bis-03

Thanks for the review!

On Jul 29, 2024, at 06:10, Scott Hollenbeck via Datatracker <noreply@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> "More information about IANA's policies and procedures for how the
> cryptographic keys for the DNS root zone are managed (also known as "DNSSEC
> Practice Statements" or "DPSs") can be found at
> https://www.iana.org/dnssec/procedures
> (https://www.iana.org/dnssec/procedures)."
>
> The URL is shown twice. The URL in parentheses can be removed.

This is an artifact of how the XML is rendered in text. It shows fine in the HTML.

The page at <https://www.iana.org/dnssec/procedures> lists two DPSs, one for the KSK and one for the ZSK. I would prefer to retain the shorter URL so that readers can see both. However, thanks for noticing the bad date of 2020: we will remove the date from the document.

> I tried to validate the XML examples using the RELAX NG Compact Schema provided
> in Section 2.1 but was unable to find a working online validator. It all looks
> correct, but I can't confirm that everything is valid.

It's always good to check. I don't know of any online validators, but I have just checked with `jing`, and the example does indeed validate with the compact RNG. (Thanks to Tim Bray for pointing me at this tool!)

--Paul Hoffman