Re: IETF email and IPv6 and related issues

Saying that IPv6 is desired for all services the IETF uses makes sense.  Saying it is mandatory seems problematic.  I remember, for example, a discussion of whether we would use github because at the time (I do not know the current status) it did not support IPv6.  The community decided the value was worth the absence of IPv6.  So I do not think the community agrees that IPv6 support is mandatory.

Yours,

Joel