[Last-Call] Re: L2 posting rights restriction

Ted Lemon wrote on 10/06/2024 17:05:
It's not clear to me that this is even the right approach. Someone who behaves in this way on IETF mailing lists even once should be moderated from that point forward, or banned. The end of the PR-action should not be "back to normal." It's utterly naive to think that a 14-day cooling-off period is going to fix something like this.

Moderation is not always advisable. Who is the publisher of a moderated email? And who is responsible for the consequences of publication? On what basis do they make that call?

The behaviour displayed in this particular situation has been fairly poor to say the least, but if the moderation guidelines are going to be revisited, I'd suggest revising them after heat level has dropped a bit.

Nick