mailing list ban was Re: Messages from the ietf list for the week ending Sun Jun 9

Oh, I had missed the whole Last-Call discussion on this, what with being out celebrating King Charles' long birthday weekend and all.

https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/browse/last-call/

https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/last-call/JM29M9ZTOyXTAnTnvPX6NUnJhVE/

maybe, if you're going to restrict someone's posting rights to a mailing list, it's worth mentioning it to that very mailing list, because the actual affected members of said list might have opinions?

[Last Call PR action is administratively heavy for just removing someone from a mailing list -- not that removing someone should ever be easy or at the whim of the chair -- but there's so much prior behaviour here that you'd also wonder if the Last Call should have been for more than just removing someone from a mailing list.]

Lloyd Wood
lloydwood@xxxxxxxxxxx

"But look, you found the notice, didn’t you?"
"Yes," said Arthur, "yes I did. It was on display in the bottom of a locked filing cabinet stuck in a disused lavatory with a sign on the door saying 'Beware of the Leopard'."

-- Douglas Adams, HHGTTG.