[Last-Call] Re: Secdir last call review of draft-ietf-add-split-horizon-authority-11

On Thu, 30 May 2024 at 00:56, Watson Ladd via Datatracker <noreply@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
Reviewer: Watson Ladd
Review result: Has Nits

Dear IETFers,

IESG. These comments were written primarily for the benefit of the
security area directors. Document editors and WG chairs should treat

The summary of the review is Ready With Nits.

I found the document readable and didn't spot any security issues. However,
the security considerations section neglects to explain the importance
of the salt being high entropy and changed when a new authorization record is
created.

Good point, I will add the following text to the security considerations section:
The entropy of salt depends on a high-quality pseudo-random number generator. For further discussion on random number generation, see RFC4086. The salt MUST be regenerated whenever the authorization claim is updated.

-Tiru