[Last-Call] Re: Opsdir last call review of draft-ietf-teas-enhanced-vpn-18

Thanks Jie for handling my comments...

Snipping to...

> - Section 7.3, the sentence "The centralized approach of SDN requires state to
> be stored in the network, but does not have the overhead of also requiring
> control plane state to be maintained" gives an impression that there is no
> control plane state if SDN is used which is not true. Further "...with the need
> for a control plane to maintain communication with all neighbors" is also
> unclear, which communication channel?

How about making the following changes:

"The centralized approach of SDN requires state to be stored in the network, but can reduce the overhead of control plane state to be maintained.

Dhruv: perhaps change that to "some control plane state"

The text about communication channel is to compare the SDN based approach with the distributed control plane based approach in terms of the number of control plane connections needed. How about making the following changes:

"Each individual network node may need to maintain a control channel with an SDN controller, which is considered more scalable comparing to the need of maintaining control channels with all neighbors"

Dhruv: I am unsure about this, one still maintains those channels but the state distributed on those channels is reduced in case of SDN...

Thanks,
Dhruv