[Last-Call] Re: Intdir last call review of draft-ietf-opsawg-tsvwg-udp-ipfix-08

Med, Joe,

             - Reduced-size encoding per RFC7011 does not apply, unless you are restricting them to 64, 32, 16, and 8.
[Med] There is no such restriction because of this part in the base spec:

   This behavior is indicated by the Exporter by specifying a size in

   the Template with a smaller length than that associated with the

   assigned type of the Information Element.

That paragraph only explains how RSE is done. The document is silent on whether or not RSE can be applied to new types.

I see no difficulty allowing RSE of 128 or 256 bit types. I think it would be expected.

Whether the text in section 8.2 of the draft needs a slightly different form of words, I think the gist is correct:
Reduced-Size encoding (Section 6.2 of [RFC7011]) applies to this data type.

P.