Re: [Last-Call] Rtgdir last call review of draft-ietf-rift-rift-20

Loa, thanks for comments, all good, last we are on abstract

Now, as to abstract, up to 13 version we had a far bigger abstract

   This document defines a specialized, dynamic routing protocol for
   Clos and fat-tree network topologies optimized towards minimization
   of configuration and operational complexity.  The protocol

   o  deals with no configuration, fully automated construction of fat-
      tree topologies based on detection of links,

   o  minimizes the amount of routing state held at each level,

   o  automatically prunes and load balances topology flooding exchanges
      over a sufficient subset of links,

   o  supports automatic disaggregation of prefixes on link and node
      failures to prevent black-holing and suboptimal routing,

   o  allows loop-free non-ECMP forwarding,

   o  automatically re-balances traffic towards the spines based on
      bandwidth available and finally

   o  provides mechanisms to synchronize a limited key-value data-store
      that can be used after protocol convergence to e.g.  bootstrap
      higher levels of functionality on nodes.

This was roughly modelled on RFC2328 in list form ;-)

That was nuked based on reviewer comments (don’t remember who) as “way too long, way too much description”

So, what do you suggest so we don’t go in circles. Re-incliude that? Rewrite that? Any idea on wording?

— Tony