RE: Rule of removing adopted work (was Re: Question about pre-meeting document posting deadlines for the IESG and the community)

AB is right (don’t be too surprised ;-) that establishing consensus and recording history is crucial.

However, “the people” is ambiguous. The I-D, once adopted, belongs to the WG. The charter, once approved, belongs to the IETF.

All changes should be recorded properly, and it is easy to add a note to the History tab in the Datatracker. And these days, it is also easy to add a pointer to an email thread.

FWIW, I am just removing a draft in the MPLS WG. The draft is already in the publication queue with the AD, however, it appears that there is no interest in fixing the bugs or implementing the content.

We have had several requests for input on the WG list, raised it on the agenda today, and held a formal consensus call to abandon the work.