From: Linda Dunbar
Sent: Friday, February 16, 2024 3:55 AM
To: Stephen Farrell <stephen.farrell@xxxxxxxxx>; secdir@xxxxxxxx
Cc: bess@xxxxxxxx; draft-ietf-bess-bgp-sdwan-usage.all@xxxxxxxx; last-call@xxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: Secdir telechat review of draft-ietf-bess-bgp-sdwan-usage-20

Stephen,

BGP/TLS has been deployed  (see the attached email from Robert Razuk on using BGP over TLS in  Sproute's SDWAN solution for years) even though there is only a 00 draft for BGP over TLS in IETF.
The document states that analysis of BGP over TLS is beyond the scope.
Is the following sentence better?
While beyond the scope of this document, conducting a comprehensive analysis might be needed to ensure the security of BGP over TLS [BGP-OVER-TLS]

<< Message: Re: [Last-Call] Last Call: <draft-ietf-bess-bgp-sdwan-usage-19.txt> (BGP Usage for SD-WAN Overlay Networks) to Informational RFC >>
Thank you,
Linda