Re: Question about pre-meeting document posting deadlines for the IESG and the community

--On Sunday, March 17, 2024 11:52 +1000 Carsten Bormann
<cabo@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 2024-03-17, at 11:41, John C Klensin <john-ietf@xxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>>
>> whether it is time to prohibit some I-D preparation tools or
>> formats
>
> I think we need an FAQ that explains why we are not doing that.
> (As a document with a certain aura of consensus, so when
> someone makes a strawman argument that we might, we can
> quickly quash that.)

I think that might be helpful.  But, again coming back to Pete's
point, I'd rather see us looking at the set of issues as a whole
rather than get distracted by FAQ-writing.

    john