Re: Question about pre-meeting document posting deadlines for the IESG and the community

I believe it's realistic and maybe necessary to distinguish between
primary participants in work, and others.

If you are a primary participant, with deliverables or drive, being
told to hold off on change you can forsee is needed would be deeply
frustruating.

As an other, I feel very disrespected for my time, when work I am
engaging in to review/audit or otherwise changes under my feet during
the close time.

I don't want to objectify people, but I do think the roles we occupy
have to be understood. My need to ask for people to hold on change,
has to balance with their needs to complete work to time.

I don't know what the answer is either btw.

There is a good body of work on record and underway on the time and
other costs to make documents. I think this process has to be
understood in that context.

(probably I'm not saying anything others haven't said, and said better)

_G