Re: [Last-Call] Secdir last call review of draft-ietf-netconf-http-client-server-16

Hi Shivan,

Thank you for your review!

Kent

On Feb 9, 2024, at 9:58 PM, Shivan Sahib via Datatracker <noreply@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

Reviewer: Shivan Sahib
Review result: Has Nits

It looks like the document previously got review from HTTP WG, and generally
looks well thought out.

Thanks.

However, I'm not sure why only TCP and TLS are discussed in
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-netconf-http-client-server-16#section-2.1.2.2.
Is the intention that network protocols like QUIC can be "augmented" in?

This document doesn’t support QUIC (yet).
The document’s title is “YANG Groupings for HTTP 1.1/2.0 Clients and HTTP Servers”.

Everybody wants this document to support QUIC.
Doing this would entail a new document called “quic-client-server”.

Do you know if there are any quic-specific configurations, beyond
the basic UDP local/remote/ address/port config?
- for either the client or the server?

I suspected that, but in that case, it should be mentioned the same way Basic
auth is explicitly mentioned to be only one of the ways auth can happen with a
MAY for other schemes:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-netconf-http-client-server-16#section-2.1.2.1-4.4

I just added the following sentence to that section:

     The "proxy-connect" node defines support for HTTP 1.1 and HTTP 2.0.  Support
     for other protocols versions, e.g., HTTP/3, MAY be augmented in via future work.

Thanks again!
Kent