[Last-Call] Opsdir last call review of draft-ietf-netconf-ssh-client-server-36

Reviewer: Qin Wu
Review result: Ready

I have reviewed this document as part of the Operational directorate's ongoing
effort to review all IETF documents being processed by the IESG.  These
comments were written with the intent of improving the operational aspects of
the IETF drafts. Comments that are not addressed in last call may be included
in AD reviews during the IESG review.  Document editors and WG chairs should
treat these comments just like any other last call comments.

This document defines 7 YANG modules for Communication between SSH Client and
SSH Server. In these 7 YANG modules, there are three "IETF" modules and four
"IANA" modules. This document is well written and I believe it is ready for
publication. However I have a few comments on the latest version v-36: Major
issues: None

Minor issues
1. The abstract is not consistent with Introduction section, in the abstract,
only 3 YANG modules are described but in section 1 or introduction section, 7
YANG modules are explored. Suggest to change abstract to align with section 1.
2. The title of each subsection of section 5.1 doesn’t reflect what is
documented within it, I think each subsection focuses on security
consideration, suggest the following change to each subsection of section 5.1
s/ Template for the ……/ Consideration for the …… 3. Appendix A.1 said: “ This
section provides an overview of the "iana-ssh-encryption-algs" module in terms
of its identities and protocol-accessible nodes.

”
It is clear that iana-ssh-encryption-algs" module doesn’t define
Any protocol-accessible nodes such as container node, list node, leaf node,
etc. It only defines identities and typedefs.Suggest the following change as
follows: NEW TEXT: “This section provides an overview of the
"iana-ssh-encryption-algs" module in terms of its identities and typedefs. ” 4.
Appendix A.2 said: “   This section provides an overview of the
"iana-ssh-mac-algs" module
   in terms of its identities and protocol-accessible nodes.
“
It is clear that  "iana-ssh-mac-algs " module doesn’t define
Any protocol-accessible nodes such as container node, list node, leaf node,
etc. It only defines identities and typedefs. Suggest the following change as
follows: NEW TEXT: “This section provides an overview of the "
iana-ssh-mac-algs" module in terms of its identities and typedefs. ” 5.
Appendix A.3 said: “
   This section provides an overview of the "iana-ssh-public-key-algs"
   module in terms of its identities and protocol-accessible nodes.
“
It is clear that  " iana-ssh-public-key-algs " module doesn’t define
Any protocol-accessible nodes such as container node, list node, leaf node,
etc. It only defines identities and typedefs. Suggest the following change as
follows: NEW TEXT: “This section provides an overview of the "
iana-ssh-public-key-algs " module in terms of its identities and typedefs.

6.  Appendix A.4 said:
“
   This section provides an overview of the "iana-ssh-key-exchange-algs"
   module in terms of its identities and protocol-accessible nodes.
”
It is clear that  " iana-ssh-key-exchange-algs " module doesn’t define
Any protocol-accessible nodes such as container node, list node, leaf node,
etc. It only defines identities and typedefs. Suggest the following change as
follows: NEW TEXT: “This section provides an overview of the "
iana-ssh-key-exchange-algs " module in terms of its identities and typedefs.

7. Section 6 IANA Section
Section 6.3,Section 6.4, Section 6.5, Section 6.6 describe IANA maintained
module, but doesn’t follows Guidance for Writing the IANA Considerations for
RFCs Defining IANA-Maintained Modules defined in RFC8047bis. So the question is
for IANA maintained Module, if such module shadows algorithm name sub-registry
of SSH protocol parameters registry, should IANA section follow guidance for
Defining IANA Maintained Modules defined in RFC8047bis, My understanding is
yes. Similar example can be found in the section 3 of RFC7224.

8. Appendix A
It looks the get identity python code is specific to SSH related encryption
algorithm, I am wondering whether there is more generic code for get identity
or get enum to automatically help IANA generate IANA maintained modules every
time the new value is added? If the answer is, I think such code can be
integrated into RFC8407bis as well.

9. There are 31 errors spot by the current YANG validation tool. It looks line
wrapping per RFC 8792 is root cause for such errors. I am wondering whether
YANG validation tool in the datatracker should be upgraded to ignore line
folding per RFC8792 or provide YANG validation check after removing line
wrapping from YANG module code.