Re: [Last-Call] Last Call: Proposed Status Change for RFC 9048 (EAP-AKA') from Informational to Proposed Standard

On Wed, Jan 31, 2024 at 12:30:07PM -0800, The IESG wrote:

> While discussing another draft, The IESG review ended up considering a status change:
>
> - RFC9048 from Informational to Proposed Standard
>     (Improved Extensible Authentication Protocol Method for 3GPP Mobile
>     Network Authentication and Key Agreement (EAP-AKA'))
>
> The supporting document for this request can be found here:
>
> https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/status-change-uplift-eap-akaquote-to-ps/

The security considerations of RFC 9048 defer some portions of the analysis
of its to security properties by way of comparison to EAP-AKA (RFC 4187),
which is currently Informational.  Does our assessment of EAP-AKA' also need to
consider whether EAP-AKA is considered to be standards-track quality as
well?

-Ben