Re: [Last-Call] Secdir last call review of draft-ietf-opsawg-9092-update-09

tim:

> (1) The following paragraph appears twice in the document (looks like just a
> copy/paste error when moving stuff around):
>
>   "Identifying the private key associated with the certificate and
>    getting the department that controls the private key (which might be
>    stored in a Hardware Security Module (HSM)) to generate the CMS
>    signature is left as an exercise for the implementor.  On the other
>    hand, verifying the signature has no similar complexity; the
>    certificate, which is validated in the public RPKI, contains the
>    needed public key."

someone caught this the other day, and it has already been fixed in my
emacs buffer.  good catch anyway; full credit.

> (2) Section 6, paragraph 5: is this intended to be a RFC 2119 "MAY"?  If so,
> capitalize.  If not, avoid the word.

took me a moment.  i think it is para 6, this one, yes?

   It is good key hygiene to use a given key for only one purpose.  To
   dedicate a signing private key for signing a geofeed file, an RPKI
   Certification Authority (CA) may issue a subordinate certificate
   exclusively for the purpose shown in Appendix A.

that 'may' should probably be 2119ed.  russ, opinion?

aside: i hope that 2119 gives meaning to the CAPITALIZED forms, and does
not remove the uncapitalized forms from the american/english language.

again, thanks for the review.  they're hard to get.

randy