Re: Dave Mills has passed away

Dave had a really idiosyncratic approach to email. Spelling? Pshaw!
that's for other people! He freely admitted he mangled the english
language on occasion, it was a delight to read mails from him, even if
you sometimes had to work pretty damn hard to figure out what the
analogy was saying. He was like Mark Twain, laconic.

I used to use hewey.udel.edu as an open FTP site, to share stuff with
people. There were days in the early internet (SATNET at that time,
UCL to "the rest of it") where it felt like a tape would be faster. A
lot of the code I depended on day to day like MH and of course NTP was
there. I would think naming the 3 hosts hewey, louie and dewey was
Dave's idea.

-George