Re: [Last-Call] Dnsdir last call review of draft-ietf-drip-auth-43

Hi, Adam,

> 2024年1月16日 22:26,Adam Wiethuechter <adam.wiethuechter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> 写道:
>
> Di, thanks for your review of the I-D.
>
> It’s not clear if enhanced error codes will serve a useful role in DRIP. It probably won’t matter to an end client what sort of failure occurred. All that matters is the lookup failed. Which could mean a DET has expired or been revoked and some out-of-band (ie non-DNS) mechanism could be needed to confirm that.

Thanks for your clarification.

Your consideration on error codes is making sense here.

> New(ish) DNS developments like DOA and DSO are unlikely to figure in DRIP deployments because in general DRIP clients will not have the hardware and networking resources to maintain state or an encrypted transport.

Yes. However, you’d better articulate DRIP is using RFC1035 DNS since DNS is not normatively limited to UDP-DNS as DoH and DSO are coming into sight of IETF community.

Di