Re: [Last-Call] [Lsr] Last Call: <draft-ietf-lsr-ospfv3-extended-lsa-yang-25.txt> (YANG Model for OSPFv3 Extended LSAs) to Proposed Standard

Hi Reshad,

On Jan 16, 2024, at 11:41, Reshad Rahman <reshad=40yahoo.com@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi,

Apologies if this has been discussed before but I didn't follow this document.

- Should interface-id and neighbor-interface-id be of type if:if-index instead of uint32? I took a look at RFC8362, still not clear to me.

It could very well be the if-index but it doesn’t have to me. It is whatever the neighbor choses to use to uniquely identify its interfaces. Excerpted from RFC 5340, Appendix A.3.2:

   Interface ID
      32-bit number uniquely identifying this interface among the
      collection of this router's interfaces.  For example, in some
      implementations it may be possible to use the MIB-II IfIndex
      ([INTFMIB]).

- Should leaf metric be of type ospf-metric or ospf-leaf-metric instead of uint16?

The 24 bit metrics should be ospf:ospf-metric. The 16-bit metric should be ospf:ospf-link-metric. I’ll update these in the next revision.

Thanks,
Acee

Regards,
Reshad.