Re: [Last-Call] [Gen-art] Genart last call review of draft-ietf-lamps-rfc8399bis-02

Linda:

Thanks for your review.

> Reviewer: Linda Dunbar
> Review result: Ready with Nits

> by the IESG for the IETF Chair.  Please treat these comments just
> like any other last call comments.

> <https://wiki.ietf.org/en/group/gen/GenArtFAQ>.
>
> Document: draft-ietf-lamps-rfc8399bis-??
> Reviewer: Linda Dunbar
> Review Date: 2024-01-03
> IETF LC End Date: 2024-01-02
> IESG Telechat date: 2024-01-18

> Major issues:
>
> RFC8399 documents the changes to RFC5280. This document obsolete the RFC8399.
> does it mean all the changes documented in RFC8399 are not valid anymore?

That is correct.  As indicated by the title page:
Obsoletes: 8399 (if approved)

> It would be nicer to have a complete document incorporating all the changes,
> such as in the appendix. So that new people can get the complete description
> without going through many RFCs.

This is a complete replacement for RFC 8399.

I disagree that we should do an rfc5280bis at this time.

Russ