Re: The CRL Number of Complete CRL and Delta CRL

I agree with CRL number should need to keep monotonically increasing.
But what confuses me is that I don’t quite understand “share one” in the following sentence. Can you help me clear up this confusion? Thank you.
"If a CRL issuer generates delta CRLs in addition to complete CRLs for a given scope, the complete CRLs and delta CRLs MUST share one numbering sequence."

Russ Housley <housley@xxxxxxxxxxxx> 于2023年12月22日周五 03:54写道:
Tim:

See Section 5.2.3 of RFC 5280: the CRL number is a monotonically increasing sequence number. A bigger number supersedes a smaller one.  If the this update field (see Section 5.1.2.4 of RFC 5280) in the two CRLs are not identical, then the CRL numbers MUST be different.

Russ