Re: What can do IANA do and not do

John,

Thanks for the detailed analysis. Cutting to the chase:

Personally, I think we are better off with the flexibility of
"Do the Right Thing" over getting ourselves more and more
tangled in increasingly specific rules and procedures.

Violent agreement there.

...But, if
we need such procedures, let's not pretend they are there when
they aren't.

Sure, but at the moment I'm not sure that we have a gap to fill.

Regards
   Brian