Re: What can do IANA do and not do

On 2023-11-25, at 21:08, Brian E Carpenter <brian.e.carpenter@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I'm not clear that there's any gap in our rules.

I’m also not seeing any gap in the sense that it is not clear who has to make what decision.

However, there are gaps in the sense that a document author has no way to know what decision to expect.

Given that the cases of interest to me right now all seem to be decided by the IESG, I’d expect some guidance from the IESG on how it is likely to decide.

The apparent absence of that guidance seems to have led to the wobbling around in opsawg.  We should simply not waste that much time on a process issue.

Grüße, Carsten