Re: [Last-Call] [COSE] Iotdir telechat review of draft-ietf-cose-cwt-claims-in-headers-07

Hi Hannes,

On Nov 1, 2023, at 10:30 AM, Hannes Tschofenig <hannes.tschofenig@xxxxxxx> wrote:

You also agree with me that information in the protected header is often processed without prior security verification.

I’m not sure we’re thinking the same here.

I think there is no problem that calims-in-headers might be processed without verification.

I think that because we process protected headers/parameters in CMS, COSE and JOSE without verification.

If it’s not a security issue for CMS, COSE and JOSE, it’s not a security issue for claims-in-headers. CMS in particular goes back decades.

LL