Re: Use of Artificial Intelligence to create Synthetic Datalinks

[Removing the whole thread and posting as a private pilot using VHF radio on a rented plane]

It is mainly about https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skywave and I wonder what the AI is doing in this context... AFAIK AI cannot change the ionosphere and skywave propagation, perhaps only checking when and on which radio band the signal should be sent ;-)

For the anecdote, I am sometimes scared to hear on the plane radio an Airbus in final when I am also in final in my small Cessna on a 700m runway... The airbus was actually in Geneva, CH, while I was in Spa, BE, among 800 km away, no line of sight, but same frequency and ionosphere was helping (or rather *not* helping) ;-)

-éric