Re: Result of Consultation on ART/TSV Area Reorganization

On 10/1/23 07:18, John Mattsson wrote:

we believe TCP, QUIC, HTTP, and other protocols in this area are core competencies of the IETF.

While I don't dismiss the importance of those protocols, this is a very dangerous assumption.  It focuses too much attention on specific protocols rather than the design principles that make them work (or if not paid attention to, fail).   And it dismisses the tremendous effect of protocols of both lower and higher layer protocols, on both the well-being of the Internet AND its utility to users.

Keith