Re: Proposal for Consolidating Parts of the ART & TSV Areas

> Part of the plan there was that ADs from other
> areas will step in to help, but I don't believe that has worked,

In my experience -- co-Chair of an ART group, HTTP, and co-author of a large UTA document that had some last-minute controversies, 6125bis -- it worked just fine. It wasn't perfect, but the issues were more about slow uptake than fundamental problems.  The trade-offs, so that the IETF could accommodate maternity leaves, where completely worth it.