Re: [ietf-nomcom] NomCom 2023 IETF Chair/GEN AD Term Reset Proposal

Hiya,

On 19/09/2023 08:05, NomCom Chair 2023 wrote:
     Should the cycle of appointments for IETF chair (GEN AD) be reset?

Yes, make it a 2 year appointment. If you kept it to 1 year
then that'd either mean appointing a placeholder who doesn't
plan to re-up or someone very likely to be in the role for
3 or 5 years. The IETF could survive any of those options I
think so it's not that critical where we land, but I think a
2 year appointment is probably best of the above.

If we do end up with nomcom making a 1 year appointment, then
I think that needs to be clear asap as that'd maybe attract a
few people who couldn't or wouldn't volunteer for 2 or more
years. There could be a benefit in that, even if a 1 year
appointment mightn't provide the time to do anything much
other than learn the job, so I still suggest a reset is the
right choice.

Cheers,
S.