RE: IESG Statement on Support Documents in IETF Working Groups

+1 – Robert’s suggestion would really help to clarify the aim of this statement –

Actually, Robert’s suggestion was the same one made on the 2016 version:

https://www.ietf.org/about/groups/iesg/statements/support-documents-2016-11-13/

(maybe I need another cup of coffee but I’m failing to see the difference between the two statements – it would be helpful to state why this was redone – was there something recently of concern?)

For newcomers, there’s a lot of history on this discussion, including as many of us remember, the RFC++ BoF at IETF102 (2018):

https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/102/materials/minutes-102-rfcplusplus-00

video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bD29vEjBxls

As many know, I am a fan of Informational (for many reasons), this sentence in the minutes captures for me the complexity:

“There were observations about the apparent judgement involved in

deciding that some RFCs are more important than others based on the

stream or category.”

And the end conclusion: “there was no potential consensus to judge”

Enjoy the video with your favorite beverage and popcorn – Happy Friday’s –
Deborah

All, I'm on the same page as Robert, Andy and Stewasrt! /Loa On 2023-08-25 00: 31, Stewart Bryant wrote: > +1 also. > > If the issue is IESG time please consider a much lighter weight review > process for such information texts.