Re: Appeal: IESG Statement on Guidance on In-Person and Online Interim Meetings

Randy Presuhn <randy_presuhn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> The fact that the WG avoided this level of lily-gilding (with no
> conceivable impact on interoperability) reassures me that the decision
> to not meet in person was the correct one.

I'm not so sure. Here, you have an incorrect usage of a Shakespeare misquotation.

One would usually say "gild the lily", although this is not in the play. [0]

These are all forgivable. But once you start SHOUTING like in a Facebook post at the same time, the words start to depart from any real meaning.

That's the problem in my opinion, but I understand there are other opinions.

thanks,
Rob

[0] https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/gild_the_lily